An Active Lifestyle for Longevity
Posted on: January 04, 2019 in Category: Active Lifestyle
When it comes to enhancing your longevity, it is essential to maintain an active lifestyle in addition to any treatments or therapies that you may elect to have. Exercise alone can prolong life by up to 21 percent more. With an increase in sedentary lifestyles, obesity, and diabetes, it is clear that everyone needs to incorporate a regular exercise regime into their daily lifestyle. Furthermore, combining nutrition, fasting, and physical exercise can drastically reduce the incidence of cancer, stroke, heart attack, and chronic illnesses.
How to Have a More Active Lifestyle
- Start with small steps toward more significant activity.
- Going for a walk on lunch or after work is a great way to de-stress and stretch your legs.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Play with your children. It is a great way to encourage activity and spend quality time with your family.
- Set a goal to begin more intense exercise and then follow through. Great ways to turbocharge your exercise routine include running, strength training, and yoga.
- Seek the help of your doctor if you feel that exercise is physically difficult or dangerous to your health.
- Hire professional trainers to get the motivation and accountability you need.
- Try to take up an old sport, or attempt to learn a new one.
Why an Active Lifestyle Is Necessary
As stated earlier, exercise can prolong your life by 21 percent, but that is not the only reason to have an active lifestyle. Regular physical activity provides you with more energy, allowing you to do more and enjoy life. People who have an active lifestyle also have lower occurrences of depression and anxiety. Exercising can make you happier! In short, an active lifestyle can improve your mind, social life, and physical health.
An Active Lifestyle Is Fun
Exercising doesn’t have to be boring. Indeed, exercise can be a fun way to explore new experiences. There are plenty of ways to spice up both your workout and your life by trying new activities. Hiking, bicycle riding, taking a martial arts class and going dancing are great ways to stay active and enjoy the process.
An active lifestyle is a critical component in extending the length of your life. It is also a significant part of experiencing joy. Begin your journey toward a longer and happier life by committing to being just a little more active every day. You will be glad you did.
Do you want to know more about how you can enhance your health and increase the length of your life? Call our Westwood office at 310-441-2263 or contact our Paramount office at 562-297-4068 for more information.